The Kansas City Area Development Council is a private, nonprofit organization, promoting the KC region as a destination for business and talent.
As the metro's umbrella economic development organization, KCADC's role in area-wide business attraction is to:
- Promote the area as a business location of choice to national and international firms.
- Position the area competitively against other major metros to ensure that the KC Area is a final contender for top projects.
- Equally represent all communities within the metro.
- Help companies from outside the region find the location best suited to their needs.
- Facilitate final negotiations between the company and selected community.
Since its inception in 1976, KCADC and its partners have directly assisted more than 620 companies and organizations in selecting the Kansas City region as a site for new and expanding facilities. These firms have created more than 41,000 direct and support jobs and have utilized nearly 28 million sq. ft. of space.