The Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) provides a forum for connections essential to creative problem solving and opportunity sharing. MARC is a nonprofit association of city and county governments and the metropolitan planning organization for the bistate Kansas City region. Governed by a board of local elected officials, MARC serves nine counties and 119 cities. Through MARC, the region works together to advance social, economic and environmental progress.
MARC’s role in the Greater Kansas City community:
• Identify regional challenges and act as a problem-solving forum.
• Promote consensus and commitment to regional solutions.
• Educate and engage the public in decision-making processes.
• Coordinate policies that guide progress in the region.
• Develop regional plans for transportation, the environment, emergency response and more.
• Conduct research and provide technical support to local leaders.
• Advocate for regional issues at the state and federal levels.
• Provide cooperative services between local governments.
• Provide services to area residents including older adults, young children and commuters.